Friday, January 9, 2009

Great-Grandma's Surprise Tarts

Oh-so-good! These tarts are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. To the few of you who will stumble across this humble blog in search of yummy eats: this is the first time I have ever handed this recipe out. I have coldly ignored the pitiful victims of their sugary goodness, selfishly hoarding the list of ingredients in my binder of family secrets. Sometimes I just want to keep a good thing to myself. It felt good being the only family that could provide the world with a mouthwatering dessert that would keep them begging for more. Granted, there are likely to be other similar, if not identical recipes somewhere. But I beg the privelege of releasing it under this title, for the first time ever, "Great-Grandma's Surprise Tarts."

You will need:

2 eggs, beaten
3/4 c white sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c coconut
pinch of salt
raspberry jam

Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the raspberry jam. Line 12 muffin tins with pastry. Spoon a teaspoon of raspberry jam into each pastry-lined tin and spread it out a little on the bottom. It doesn't need to be perfect. Top with the coconut mixture. Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before enjoying your first, and surely not your last, mouthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment